Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Day 5

Today is day 5 on sensitive formula. 
Today is also day 5 of increased sanity. 
Today he only cried for an hour.   
Today he was happy & smiling. 
Today he also slept better. 
Today he went on his first happy trip to Disneyland. 
Today is day 5 of feeling empowered as a mother instead of helpless. 

It is a lot easier to love a sweet snuggly baby who does not constantly, and without ceasing, scream in your face. I decided I am now going to refer to recent time periods as "Boob Jimmy" and "Bottle Jimmy." haha

I love Bottle Jimmy. If the last 5 days are any indication of the future, we may survive & even enjoy this whole baby thing! I am grateful for modern science that has produced healthy, safe & helpful alternatives to Mother Nature. Mother Nature sometimes loses her touch & needs some help & that's ok. I am grateful to feel little to no guilt about it. I feel relieved- like a huge burden has been taken off my shoulders. The first 6 weeks of Jimmy's life nearly killed me (as I'm sure you've all figured out by my sad blogging) and I am happy to feel some HOPE.

Is this REALLY MY BABY?? A week ago I would have said "You cray-cray, yo. My baby isn't happy, so that can't be my baby." BUT IT IS!!! HOORAY!!





1 comment:

Shauna said...

OKAY!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!! Things are looking up! I thought this was a really thoughtful post and well put. Yes, Mother Nature can be tough sometimes. I am beyond happy right now for you. Your baby is happy and I'm so glad you feel hopeful. You are gaining so much experience and character, I sware!!! Next time around you are going to feel like...bring it on!!! :) No, you're right it's too early to be mentioning next time around-just forget I said that... :) Love to you especially,

Shauna xo