Wednesday, December 2, 2009

am i the only one out there....

i'm going to say this, but before you judge, read it through!
it's not that different being married.

wait wait! don't go. here's my logic:
women are emotionally based. i've been emotionally married/committed to brad for a long long time. that's why it doesn't feel very different.
bc emotionally i've been watching movies, taking out trash, going on walks, driving in cars, making dinner, talking, laughing, spending time, planning, budgeting with brad, and only brad, for what seems like forever. so its only natural we continue doing so and just share the bed, couch, apt and cars & last name officially now!

which to some might seem like a let down to some bc marriage should be this GREAT! AWESOME! EXTREME! change, but for me it is another peaceful, very undramatic, quiet and calm reminder that this is just how it's supposed to be. :)

5 comments:

Leon said...

Lucky man, that Brad.

The Fife's said...

That is when you know you did the right thing! Pretty soon it will seem like you were always married and never single.

Erika said...

lol! Remember me telling you this?!

stewart.shana.ella said...

I remember Stewart and I always saying to each other after we got married, "wow it seems no different than before." People talk about how different it is but as long as you know the person really well there is no change really:)

p.s- you looked amazing in you wedding pictures:)

Shelly said...

I agree and i even moved half way across the country but it didn't feel all that different. Even switching last names was easy since I'd been practicing since I was 13- yes I was one of those girls.