Saturday, December 19, 2009

my grandmother

i got a gift at my bridal shower addressed "to lindsey love, grandma rebecca."
well. that gave me a start. my grandmother has been dead many years.
i then realized that this was going to be a gift that was once hers!!! i was so excited to open a box with three beautiful decorative plates. they were safely stored until i had a proper place.
BUT today i found an awesome plate holder at homegoods! and for a mere $6.99 and a $6.00 can of black spray paint (it was a weird brass color but i saw the vision) this is the final result!!
i was alone when i hung the plates up with care. i got to reflect a second & look at the beautiful plates & think how lucky i am that i have a little bit of grandma becky in my very first kitchen. :)
(gets choked up with happiness.)

1 comment:

The Fife's said...

I remember those. You did a great job with the rack.