Friday, December 4, 2009

blast you sappy country songs!

i try to avoid christmas music on the radio like the plague at this point in december, bc about a week before the holiday i find myself tired of it. i also refuse to listen to mediocre artists tarnish the beautiful music of christmas on soft rock stations. BUT sometimes i listen to the radio, and when i'm lost in thought i can get sucked in without knowing.

today one minute i'm singing country, "hey!, white liar..." and after a moment pondering car insurance, i find myself tuning back into the radio.

oh no.

its one of THOSE songs.

the kind that you love to hate and hate to love and wish you didn't know every word and not only is it CHRISTMAS but its COUNTRY CHRISTMAS even worse it's SAPPY COUNTRY CHRISTMAS!!

next thing i know i'm all choked up, crying "sir i wanna buy these shoes for my mamma please..."

baha.

8 comments:

Amber said...

HEYYYYYYYY! that christmas shoes song is pure gold.. i cry every time!

Amy said...

is that the "if jesus was a crack baby song"?

Amy said...

never mind, the song I was thinking of is What if Jesus comes back like that by Collin Raye.

Shauna said...

that is the most hilarious song. seriosuly. it makes me laugh everytime i hear it. Me and my sister just die laughing as we sing it to eachother...

last christmas we redboxed the lifetime movie "the christmas shoes" which is the movie to the song and its HILARIOUSLY AWESOME.

Aaron and Celina said...

love that song! i want to see pictures from your wedding!!! wish we could have been there!

Kadee said...

Hahaha that same thing happened to me last year, I didn't want to listen to it, but whenever I didn't turn the radio I would bawl my eyes out.

melissa said...

my favorite is the redneck 12 days of christmas, that one is pure gold.
also, i always turn the channel on the shoe song. i've got to save my tears for when all my kids are crying at the same time later.

Shelly said...

We must have been listening at the same time because I too on Friday accidentally ended up listening to this song on the way to Rachel's tumbling class and walked in all teary eyed. Depressing Christmas songs should not be allowed.