Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"she wants a little bit of earth"- the secret garden

when my mother wendy had her backyard finally redone, she kept saying "its my garden of eden!!" or something like that. i didn't get it. i mean, it was SO NICE and beautiful, but i didn't live there. it didn't make a difference to me.
well.
i could cry at the catcus on my porch. i'm SO HAPPY!! now i get it.who knew so many lil' pots could qualify as a garden of eden?!i wish i had a before picture (our sad little barren porch was crying for attention), but here it is AFTER!!as devasted i am that kevin & kellie are moving to idaho, but the fact that i get to inherit the product of kev's green thumb and kellie's patio set is quite a delight. i solemnly swear to not kill kevin's plumeria plant he's nutured & loved for 7 years & give it back when then move back to CA in 3 years. :)i confess as i walked out the door this morning i said good morning to my new plants. i want them to feel loved in their new home. (do you think they'll like me??)
conclusion: green things are so happy. :)

1 comment:

The Fife's said...

What a great 'inheritance', good luck keeping them living! I want a plumeria but it might not survive here. Plants really do make things seems so much prettier.