Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i wish i had something more eloquent to say.

but i am so happy.
almost to the point of laughing tears. and my face hurting from smiling.
and i haven't slept in 2 days bc my mind is running a million miles an hour and i'm so EXCITED.

for those of you like me, who didn't know, this is how you are supposed to feel when you get engaged:
  • different. like you just became an adult. or joined a club. i don't know why. we can't put our finger on it, but it's different.
  • your jeweler is suddenly your new bff.
  • at random moments of the day you think of things that never occurred to you before. for instance, you may be talking about something completely unrelated and all the sudden you shout "we have to buy a refrigerator!" (thank goodness for brad. his response without skipping a beat was yep! but let's worry about that later :)
  • the ring on your left hand feels like it was there forever. it doesn't take getting used to.
  • you can't believe that HF listened to all the whisperings of your heart all these years and produced a man so perfect to your specifications.
  • you feel calm. and at peace. like this was the best decision you have ever made.
  • you feel the need to tell strangers everywhere you just got engaged. :)
  • and the best moment of the entire day is the 5 minutes you sit alone in tender silence touching foreheads.
i used to go to the beach and ride my bike & think "this is my life!!"
i'm marrying brad.
this is my life :)
my ring is getting fixed & i have a loaner. pictures to come!!

11 comments:

Shauna said...

ok...THIS IS MUCH BETTER!

The Fife's said...

I love this picture, so cute!

Kadee said...

YAY YAY YAY for you! Being married is wonderful and it can be as freakin awesome as you always thought your whole life. Even if that doesn't make sense, you know what I mean. I am very happy for you! :)

ashley said...

how exciting!!! congratssssss.

Alecia Dave and DMax said...

Oh my good night! I can't believe it... so I think you should do a whole tribute thing and tell your story all over again and please include first date, first kiss, first time you said the L word and the M word and... ya know give us the whole juicy deliciously romantic story so we can all live vicariously! Ok and by the way I'm super incredibly and uncontrolllllably excited for you!!!!
Send me an announcement!!!!!
I think thats all... oh and I love your stinkin guts!

Alecia Dave and DMax said...

I forgot one other thing... Welcome to the bald husbands club!

brightonislove said...

since this is your engagement picture you have to add yellow to your wedding colors ;) baha.

and YAY one more time. should we start counting how many times i say that between now and the wedding? :)

The Watson's said...

Congratulations!! That is a really cute picture of you two!

Aubrey Messick said...

I just adore you both. Congrats a thousand times over!

Anne Left. Lisa Right said...

yes yes! and that is a darling photo.

I'll post a photo of my baby belly when you post a photo of your ring!
-lisa

Shaylee Leavitt said...

and you think being engaged is the best!! Just wait till you get married it is the BEST! I am so happy for you!!