Thursday, July 30, 2009

jack's mannequin


when i was 14 my brother todd came home from college with a cd called Something Corporate "Ready Break." he'd seen them on campus @ USC & thought they were the bomb. i agreed.

so from then on i listened faithfully. I purchased each cd as they came out. went to every concert i got could get to and shared my love for the rockin' sounds of andrew mcmahon & his band with anyone who would listen. not only was the lead singer/piano player cute, sang awesome, wrote songs awesome, but ALWAYS but on a FAB ROCKIN show. you know me and music- i was in love!

my first car was named andrew the red rocket. after him. true story. ask anyone.


well... last night brad & i and his brother tyler & gf sierra went to see Jack's Mannequin- andrew's side project band (yes i have all their cd's, too, of COURSE). SO MANY crazy teenage/college/obsessive/emotional/awesome memories came flooding back. i was rockin' out and didn't care that everyone around me didn't know any of the words. :)


thanks, andrew, for giving me SO MANY awesome memories from my youth: car dancing, piano playing, concert rockin' out, etc etc. some of my favorite memories with my closest friends of my youth are those associated with music & concerts. it was nice to relive the past for a moment and make NEW concert memories with new bestfriend!

oh, and the headlining band was The Fray. i laid down on the ground (we were on the lawn seats)& fell asleep. true story. they did not impress.
ha.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Todd is going to be jealous, obviously he's a fan of Jack's Mannequin as well. I'm wondering how long I should wait to ruin his night... Now sounds like a good time!