Tuesday, September 29, 2009

ode to a season...

i'm feeling autumnal.
i LOVE FALL.

i love slightly grey skies, slightly shorter days, fresh apples and straw. leaves changing, crisp air pinching the corners of my cheeks and nose as i walk to school...
this is purely an east coast influence. if i did not grow up watching skies darken, baskets of apples rest in stands on the side of the road, and have labor day signal the beginning of school & renewal of learning, i probably would be like every other Californian: unobsessed.
the week after labor day i craved a new book. to crack the binding and soften the pages with the
oils of my fingertips.
to open a new pen & see my words fill the very first page of a new spiral notebook.
i wish for cooler skies and sweaters and pants.
i have been begging the skies for precipitation.

i can't help it. i miss autumn. real autumn. not "California kinda weird cool warm Santa Ana winds" fakey Autumn.
i give Logan UT honorable mention for fall. the fall of 2007- albeit the worst semester of my adult life- it was a beautiful transition into winter. the slowly cooled and darkened until Christmas & the season of lights.

oh autumn. i love you. miss you. i'm glad that some where on the globe people get to enjoy you. *sigh*

the clouds outside my window are giving me false hope for rain.
if i beg brad do you think he'll take me to Boston instead of hawaii for our 1st year anniversary next year?

3 comments:

melissa said...

why must you blog upon subjects which I wish to blog upon? you are so much more articulate these days, and I, i am so much more illiterate. i, too, love fall, as it is the season of my birth. i also credit NJ with my love for fall. oh to be able to drive to moods and get an apple cider slushy. it almost makes me miss michigan.

Lauren and Nate said...

I was also thinking about and missing fall as well. Sigh. I have visions of driving on the NJ turnpike and looking at the different colors of all the trees on the sides of the road. And Moods....YUM!

Amber said...

ummmmmmm... why was fall 2007 the worst semester of your adult life?!?! i'm fairly certain we spent a lot of time together that semester, and i'm fairly certain i'm a pretty good time. jerk.

ps i miss you SO much!!! and i heart you. that is all.