Wednesday, September 2, 2009

barttels (baar-tellz)

i've started this post about once a day for the last 17 days. i don't know how to write it, but i really want to. forgive me if it's too oogly googly for you. :)

how can i possibly express to you how i feel deep deep inside the last couple weeks? i can't. it sounds trite and cliche, but i feel such an overwhelming sense of peace, happiness and calm. brad is like a breath of fresh air and a warm fuzzy blanket, super hot cup of cocoa. comfortable and broken in. together we've tackled money and wedding plans with lots of laughs and the attitude that nothing is worth crying or worrying about. he has made me laugh EVERYDAY for the last however many months. i know i complain, and i vent, and i may worry about wedding plans and money and selling my car and life in general, but i just want you to know that deep deep deep inside- i am so happy.

i sing to his voicemail when he doesn't answer. he acts silly and ridiculous until my crazy moods are completely dissolved. he does not get angry. ever. he looks forward with faith. he hugs me as long as i ask him to. prays with me everyday on his knees, kisses me and tells me he loves me after every "amen."
it's amazing that i've been so blessed to find someone who i feel so completely "puzzle-pieced" together with. and it's crazy to watch our life and dreams all coming together. making a new family picture.

and the funniest part is, i always picture an oakland a's hat somewhere in the big picture.
gosh i love him. :) *sigh*
barttels.brides.com

4 comments:

L.R.L said...

I liked this a lot. It made my eyes all fuzzy.

I replied to your comment on my post, saying thanks to you for saying thanks to me. It's scary to publish such special feelings sometimes, isn't it? You've done a beautiful job here though. really. i'm so tickled for your pure joy.

It makes me beyond grateful when people appreciate the little things I have to say. thanks.

Danielle said...

you've been through a lot, you deserve to be oogly googly happy. It makes me all warm and fuzzy to see you finding your puzzle piece. Laughing through life is the only way to get through it. Can't wait to meet him! love you tons,
Danielle

CoCo said...

not too much. just right. and very sweet. :)

Alecia Dave and DMax said...

I was remembering back to USU... It is so incredibly fabulous to read your blog and feel a complete difference in the way you talk about Brad! You deserve it and you sharing it helps remind us to be grateful for what we have! I love your stinkin guts!