Tuesday, June 9, 2009

thank you, father keith

i am a walking, talking, human global positioning system.
(GPS people, keep up).
no, i'm NOT kidding.
i can see a map once and memorize it in my head and then drive there.
i remember addresses and numbers and weird landmarks:
"that house had daffodils" (it had like two)
"oh! i remember that stop sign had a scratch" (it was a large scratch!)

ask Emily or Lance- was I ever lost or turned around in London? nope! Paris? maybe once?
i know parts of southern california better than people who have lived here for years. everytime brad tells me where he's driving that day i almost know all the cities and their location.
i remember things that are of NO importance or consequence years later:
i once drove to a party at some kid's house(at night) in vegas when i was 17, and last year i drove back there without directions or map. and i didn't miss a turn. 6 years later.

seriously people. it's scary.

it also follows that when i'm lost (ew! if i get lost i get so bugged at myself so fast), or with someone driving who gets us lost, or doesn't listen to me when i say "no, really, i think we're driving south" i get MUCHO upset. so be warned. being lost is my pet peeve. BUT i am working very hard on my backseat driver skills (aka keeping my trap shut instead of beackseat driving).

with all this in mind...

today i got a fax from a life insurance company.
i read the address and immediately said, that's near the airport in lansing, michigan.

SAYWHA?

google mapped it. yep. it is. like the road the airport is on.
how many times have i driven to the lansing, michigan airport? 3 times maybe total? when i lived there in 2005???
SCARY.

why my brain chooses to keep this information, but i can't remember where i last put my phone or keys down, i'll never know. but i do know, that the GPS skillz come from papa anderson. thank you genetics. :)

No comments: