Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Bananas are likely to have been first domesticated in Papua New Guinea."

i have been in 3 grocery stores in the past 24 hours and there was not ONE yellow ripe banana.
1. albertson's in HB they were all the color of avacado
2. fresh market in Irvine, the color of limes, and
3. the albertson's in irvine (i was determined) they were HALF green.

what?? like they weren't on a boat from Mexico, Costa Rica or the Philippines for long enough to turn edible?

i like my bananas the color of the cardigan i'm wearing (light yellow aka "lellow"). i was CRAVING. so i gave in and purchased the halvsies.
hilarious to note that when i punched in the little code "4011" it came up as "Green Bananas."
p.s. hold off on the cravings. it left like that weird unripe banana texture on my pearly whites. ICK.


3 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

You blogged about bananas? Ahahaha! And that's why I love you girl. So, just for the record...I went to Ralphs to buy some bananas and they were all GREEN! Luckily I found some organic bananas that were slightly smaller and a little more expensive, but they were YELLOW! Hooray! Good luck in your quest. Love you girl!

Amber said...

bananas are sick. yucky. blech.

and in response to your comment:
1. thanks! i like it too!
2. you are MY working/schooling hero, so take that!
3. my email is amberwilk85@gmail.com
4. i love you!!
5. agreed :)

Shelly said...

I'm very picky about my bananas they have to be yellow and it can't be turning brown because then it's too mushy.