Friday, February 15, 2013

Baby blues

Random post. Need to say something to help me feel better.

Baby blues are killer. Maybe it's bc I had postpartum depression last time & I'm not sleeping enough, but seriously, it's just hard to stay positive sometimes...

It's hard describe how it feels to people who haven't felt this way, but it's like all your regular faults, failings, insecurities,etc, are magnified by about 1000x. If you feel like being lazy about dinner on a regular day, with baby blues or postpartum it's like a horrible, terrible chore you can't even find the energy to do. If you have trouble with friends, money, it just feels like those insecurities are insurmountable, you will never get ahead.

So if you have ever felt this way, you are not alone. I'm trying to be really proactive this time to fend off the blues; exercising, eating better, staying busy, getting out of the house, but it's still a huge struggle. At least today.

Maybe there are other moms who feel this way & need to feel consolation, and if you haven't, send some good vibes my way :-)

2 comments:

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

Never experienced this, but some people very dear to my heart (you included) have suffered with the baby blues/postpartum & I know it is real & something not to take lightly. I do know that our Savior knows the pain you feel...you are loved! Hang in there & know that many care - we may not always know what to do or say, but we care & we love you. Sending hugs & good vibes..."We can do hard things." <3

Kirk Klippel said...

Hi there, I agree whole heartedly with Jenny. I'm sorry you are going through this. While I don't think I've experienced this exactly, I've had hard days. I like that she said "We can do hard things." It's true but I also know it's easier said than done for sure. So with that, love to you and many thoughts of hope going your way. Lots of love to you,

Shauna xoxoxoxoxxo