Friday, October 2, 2009

Shameless.

i shamelessly love shakira.
i'll tell anyone it's true.
her album fijacion oral vol 1 is what did it to me.
i couldn't understand half the lyrics (as they were in spanish) so i couldn't be bothered by trite & stupid metaphors, irritating repetition, or more importantly any of the questionable content. i could sit back, enjoy the espanol and pretend that only the beat & catchiness of the song were important. :)

by the time "hips don't lie" came out, i was a gonner. it was my ring tone for about 2 years. ask anne. the first time we hung out i sang every word driving in logan canyon.
(i think i frightened her. miracle we're still friends)

i know that this is ridiculous. i mean, she's shakira. not really in my usual realm of music taste. but i can't help it, every time i hear her distinct voice on the radio instantly love the song.
kinda pavlov's dogs-esque.
currently i am obssessed with "she wolf."
i will spare you the link to the you tube video as it is both suggestive AND incredibly stupid.
but promise me, if it comes on you'll ignore the howling (i know, hear me out) and just listen to it once.
it's catchy.
it may get stuck in your head.
aowooooo!
ha.

3 comments:

CoCo said...

we can still be friends.

Leon said...

I am seriously in love with her. La amo. La deseo. Anyway, so her early stuff was much better. That's all. And I mentioned you in my blog. And you didn't even care. :P

Anne W said...

hahaha. As soon as I read the first sentence of this post, I instantly thought of that fateful night in Logan Canyon.

Also, I totally know what you mean by being distracted by "trite and stupid metaphors". I love Indian pop now and I'm SO grateful I can't understand it.