Monday, April 2, 2012

a room with a view

i am watching this movie RIGHT NOW on netflix.  have you seen it? wait, let me ask these questions fist: do you love the brits? do you love period pieces? do you love humor and the italian countryside? well of COURSE you have seen this movie!!
it's a winner. (parental warning: there is some male nudity so don't let your 13 year-old daughters watch without some censoring. but that part is seriously funny, too.)
i just got through the "first kiss" scene and i just laughed out loud. it's so hilariously awkward. 


it got me thinking about my first kiss with brad. (this is the part where most of you stop reading, it's ok, i'm not offended- but it IS a good story, if you were wondering...)
it was my birthday (our second official date- i know, i know "i'm anything but fussy") and brad took me to a USC football game, then to Disneyland to buy my first season pass, then to Maggianos to meet a few people for dinner, then we went back to his house & there were approximately 30 people watching a movie- i have no recollection what it was, but i know it was something like Batman Begins or Bourne or something manly. this means we drove ALL OVER THE WORLD. we played "name that tune" on brad's ipod and i named almost every song & he knew none- on his OWN ipod. 
by the time it ended, it was late and we had been together approximately 14 hours and i was TIRED. not tired of brad, but just tired. it was a good day. 
he walked me to the door, naturally. we chatted. i have no idea what i was talking about, but suddenly he was kissing me. i was in the middle of a sentence and he just decided what i was talking about was far less important than just putting a stop to it. as benedict, "Come! I will stop thy mouth!"
when he was finished having his way, he stopped, said goodnight and i opened the door & he left. 
i then walked in the door, smiled happily to myself, and swooned on the floor.
yup, i did. i fell on the floor, gazing happily at the ceiling. i then picked up what was left of my self-respect (none) and went and snuggled & chatted with my roommates until we were tired & went to sleep at some unGodly wee hour of the morning. 

no one but brad, me and my two roommates knew about the whole thing until one announced it at my bridal shower to great embarrassment and entertainment of all in attendance. and now i share it on the world wide web. no shame. i think its a great story. and i love brad. :)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Um, yes!! Of course we've seen this movie!!!!! We only watch from the BBC. If you want some great ideas to watch here are some:

Downton Abbey (Series as opposed to moive)
Lark Rise to Candleford (series)
The Foresight Saga (series, and tragedy)
Impromptu (movie)
Up stairs, Down stairs (series)

There are so many more, if you want more ideas.

I love that story you tell about your first kiss. Very wonderful, and so sweet. Glad you two found each other.

Take care,

Shauna

Shelly said...

Hey your brother and I had our first kiss on his birthday. Our story is no where near as sweet and will not be posted on the web. :)