Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mr & Mrs Werner!!

a few completely AWESOME things happened last weekend.
faye & i flew to salt lake city on saturday morning, attended a wedding & reception, stayed the night in a hotel with grandma wendy & flew out sunday morning back home. im getting really awesome at really short trips! whew!
#1. this lady who i LOVE got married to the perfect man. how did i know he really WAS perfect?? when they got engaged he basically said "i love you, will you marry me, and to sweeten the deal i bought you this kayak!" match made in heaven! they got married in the draper, ut lds temple. i went to find a restroom and walked passed the bride's room. i thought happily to myself "jamie is probably in there right now!" and then as i passed who should come out?? JAMES!!! we cried & hugged & squeezed and held on tight. it was the best moment of my whole day! :) perfect timing! the whole day all i could think was how kind my Father in Heaven was to bless me with a friend as seriously RAD as jamie.(ugh. i am seriously the least photogenic person ever. i wish i had another picture of us together.)
(waiting for aunt jamie to come out!)

#2. then to make it even BETTER, my bff tyler from high school came up to see us & even crashed the reception! classic. i was sad brad couldn't come with me, but i'll take a friend like tyler as a substitute date anytime! it was a momentous meeting- after all, tyler lafayette vermillion thinks my daughter is his namesake ;)
#3. on the way out, grandpa's flight came in early so we even got to see grandpa keith for a half hour in the airport! hooray!! we don't see him very often so it was so exciting for him to see how much faye has grown in 2 months! love you pops!

1 comment:

Anne W said...

oh, Jamie. I'm so glad you were able to go and wish sooo badly I could have been there too.

miss ya, girl(s) :)