Friday, July 22, 2011

am i hispanic??

this morning as i sang along to all the lyrics of 'fotografia" by juanes & nelly furtado, i realized i might be becoming a latina.

here's how i figure:
i loved & learned tons of spanish in high school. i begged my friend in college to mostly talk to me in spanish to help me learn & remember. on my list of "things important in the man i will marry" right after "faith in Jesus Christ" was "speaks spanish". if i had gone on a mission i am convinced i would have learned spanish. someday brad & i will go & i hope its somewhere warm, beautiful & latino!
i love spanish music. not so much the "bum-bum-bum-bumbum-bum-bum-bum" but pop spanish music? yes. i love it. shamelessly. (you all know my ridiculous love of shakira, i mean it's really sad but true.) i listen to Mana Pandora radio at work roughly 3x a week. i want faye to learn some basic words so we always play "touch your nadiz with your pie" (nose/foot) and give me a "beso" (kiss)
also lately with the lack of cable and the lack of good shows on tv now that its summer, maybe i sometimes find myself laughing at goerge lopez. (okay, maybe that one is a little shameful!)

i'd say im on my way to latina-ville for sure. i don't think it's unhealthy... yet. when i start drawing on my eyebrows please have an intervention ;)

No comments: