Friday, February 4, 2011

Things I will miss about being Pregnant:

1. Nice people: Once you cross the "Is she fat or pregnant?" threshold and the clearness of your pregnancy is 100%, people are SO NICE to you. They ask you how far along you are, what you're having, names, if it's your first, they tell you how exciting and how wonderful children are. I LOVE IT. I love having doors opened and nice people picking up things off the floor of the grocery store that I drop. It's like the whole world is on your bandwagon cheering you on to the bitter end! Someday when I am done being pregnant and am just FAT, it will be sad to go to the grocery store and get no sympathy from anyone.

2. Service: I do not get myself snacks, pillows, or drinks once Brad is home. He brings them all to me. He asks if I need anything. At 3 Am he refills glasses, adjusts pillows, and brings saltines. He finds my phone, which seems to be always lost. He's nice like that. One day I will not be fat and slow, and actually physically able to pop off the couch with ease, and it will be sad.. think of all the blessings Brad is getting from serving me so faithfully! ;)

3. Brad and Lindsey as a two person team: We are going to have to change the whole game plan. No more one-on-one: we will have to play Horse or Pig. Bocce ball is a lot harder with 3 people. Chess & checkers, too. LUCKILY tho our family house favorites are Uno and Yahtzee, both of which accomodate the masses and thereby secure future Family Home Evenings where everyone can participate. I am going to miss the times we end up at Costco or Disneyland or the beach and don't have to pack any diapers or worry about feedings and nap times. It's a lot easier to pack for 2 than 3, I can imagine...

4. Not being alone: I can be alone. I can even enjoy it... but NOT being alone is infinitely more enjoyable. I like that I have had a very small little buddy for the past 8+ months and she goes everywhere with me, and without complaint. She likes Target and the doctor's office and TJMaxx and the grocery store. She even likes sitting by the pool in the sunshine. I talk to her while I drive and sing to her- she likes musicals, Matt&Kim, and country music alot. Granted, I realize now I will NEVER be alone once she comes... but soon she will have an opinion on what we do & what we listen to. :)

5. Anticipation: I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS COMING OR WHAT TO DO. WHAT WILL SHE LOOK AND BE LIKE??? This is the only time I will REALLY be looking into the face of the unknown. It's scary and grand and wonderful all at the same time!

6. Comraderie: I love that I have friends and family all prego with me at the same time. I love that we can commiserate. And share ideas of what to eat. I love that we all had baby showers and got to celebrate each other's wee ones. I love watching other people's bellies grow huge and the same rate mine is. :)

1 comment:

ashley said...

ohhh...the opinions of the radio. how i miss listening to what i want to listen to! we listen to disney songs and the hippopotamus christmas song all the time! and i never have my phone when matix is around. and he always wants to watch "his" movies or shows. but the worst is food!! im so sick of panda, mcdonalds and chuckie cheese. enjoy the time before the opinions come out! :)