Tuesday, October 5, 2010

warm bread

there is nothing like a slice of warm bread, fresh out of the newly-aquired breadmaker, slathered in homemade peach jam at 11:00 PM. it is still steaming. the jam is runny & warm. the crust warm and crunchy. it warms the soul.
.
it made all the stress, tears, confusion, sickness and HEAVINESS of the world go away. yesterday the world was very heavy on me. the worry consuming.
why oh why is there so much confusion to others about things that are so clear to me? what is the world going to teach this little baby we are bringing into it? will she know of the love her parents, both earthly and eternal have for her?
.
i pray outloud at the kitchen sink, furiously cleaning dishes. it's amazing how many answers have come to me over tears, soapy hands and crusted pots. i highly recommend this method of revelation. it is cleansing in many ways.
i knew very clearly i was going to marry brad over a kitchen sink. it works.
.
i say with assurity i DO trust my Father in Heaven.
.
i know of the love my father and mother on earth, my husband, and my Father in Heaven have for me. brad has large shoulders. they handle the heaviness of the world with greater ease & have lots of square footage to cover in tears & wrap in hugs. he speaks words of comfort and peace, he validates and supports me. conclusion: the bread was delicious, filling & comforting. my heart calmed. my manna from heaven.
i am grateful for many things, among them love, comfort and warm bread. :)

No comments: