Wednesday, September 8, 2010

LIES!

Whilst eating some classic Barnums' Animals Crackers today I took a good look at the hippo.
IT IS ANGRY. It does not resemble the calm happy hippo on the box. Its fangs are out ready to SNAP. I was both disturbed and shocked. I mean, come on?? Do we WANT to scare our children into the truth with animal crackers? Do we really want them to learn that "Hungry Hungry Hippos" are REALLY hungry bc they kill more people a year than lions?


Also, while googling an image to put on this post I found THIS and laughed OUT LOUD.

It's like that scene in Armaggedon. So true, Ben Affleck, so true.

4 comments:

melissa said...

it took me a minute to recall the animal cracker scene in armageddon. ha ha. that was a random pop culture reference. and that picture is hysterical. it made me laugh out loud too!

The Mid-Cart Parentals said...

I've always been bothered by the fact that animal "crackers" taste more like "cookies" to begin with! Why aren't they called animal cookies??? And why would Shirley Temple put them in her soup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntYIkuthYg

LIES indeed!

Alecia Dave and DMax said...

Hey... I just sent you a package to your Memphis address I hope that is the right one. Love you! Leash

Middleton said...

You are a dork! But you made me laugh - thanks. =)