Tuesday, August 10, 2010

at this very moment

6 lively hilarious chicas are camped out in my living room giggling to their hearts content. we watched "gidget" as our sleepover movie. OH.MY.HILARIOUS. it was a great movie before- watching it with 12-14 year olds makes it SO MUCH BETTER. hahahah

i love them. so much.

we all go to girls' camp tomorrow. i'm super excited!!

i became the foursome heathnatlinzlaq at girls' camp- the greatest friendship i think i can remember. i love them (heathnatlaq) and thinking of going to girls camp makes me ache for them. to "be attached" to them. to be 14 and not yet have the cares of the world on our shoulders. to light leaves on fire. and hide under beds from "the gestpo". i miss them terribly somedays. our poor adolescence was robbed of so many crazy fun times... but all for the better in the end, i suppose.

i'm grateful to fall asleep (hopefully at some point tonight) to the voices of tween girls laughing & talking. they are funny, and smart, beautiful and i love working with them. i would give up all my tuesday nights for forever to keep this job.

i figured i better blog how much i love them BEFORE i spend 4 days straight trying to keep them from being overly sugared & insane. which they will be. and at the end i will be very tired & ready for a break. :) but i will love them none the less.

and that is really cool.

3 comments:

The Fife's said...

Can't wait to hear all about it after you spent all that time with the girls!

Heath said...

We just got back from camp yesterday. I had those same feelings all week. On the way home, I wanted to watch our girls camp video so badly. Although I had laq there, its never the same. I couldn't remember having as much energy as those girls I was watching over this week but I am positive we did. One day we were sitting around talking about bad kisses. Prego? Haha. I love you and miss you! I know we will have more great times together and I can't wait for them.

Shelly said...

How was camp?