Friday, April 2, 2010

row, row, row your boat...

gently down to... nowhere.

i signed up for an indoor rowing class. one class down and 3 to go. I LOVE IT. the instructor won a gold medal in like 1992. and is swiss. and hilarious. here's his blog.

it's like spinning, but rowing. (not that that makes sense, but it does.) the machines have actual water in them &you can hear the SWOOSH sound- i just close my eyes and imagine i'm in boston in a 1950's movie, rowing down a river.
(this picture is like perfect, btw. HA imagine it's me.)
basically after 1 class i'm going to start a crew club and buy a rowing boat. wanna join?? :)

3 comments:

The Fife's said...

Did you know that Caroline was on a rowing team when they lived in Samoa? I think it would be fun.

Erika said...

I won't row, but can I be the angry coach yelling at the front of the boat?

CoCo said...

Did you know they have an indoor rowing competition each year. I did it last year and made Spils do it with me. Funny b/c people think it's an upper body work out. Dude ... it's all legs!! Enjoy the sweat and agony. It's one of the sweetest tasting victories.